Night at hotel (Van).
Night in the BC (Sngl accommodation in a tent).
Night in the tents (Base Camp, 3200 m, 1 tent per 1 person).
Transfer to Dogubiazit. Sightseeing tour: Ishaq Pasha Palace, Muradie waterfalls.
Transfer for Van (2 hours). Celebrate dinner. Night at hotel (Van).
Deposit for reservations 500 $
Full payment 60 days before
No refund if you cancel less than 60 days!
- all transfers of the program;
- local English speaking guide sevice;
- hotel accommodation in VAN in single rooms with breakfast (2 nights);
- tents accommodation in Base Camp 3200 m (Sngl accommodation, 3 nights);
- tents accommodation in Hight Camp 4200 m (one tent for 2 people, 1 night);
- meals during trakking ;
- loading bagage on mules;
- guide service from the 7 Summits Club
- t-shirt from the club 7 summits;
- welcome dinner
- celibrate dinner
Price does not include
- international and local flight
- climbing medical insurance
- personal equipment;
- meal in cities and during transfers;
- excursions in Van
- tips (around 100 euro per person)
- extra nights at hotel
- early check-in and late check-out in a hotel
Van - Dogubiazit - Base Camp (3200 m) - High Camp (4200 m) - Ararat Summit (5165 m) - Dogubiazit - Van
Why go there?
This program is available for parents to travel with children aged 14 and over. Mount Ararat attracts ancient biblical legends. According to the climbing classification, this is a mountain 1Б the difficulty category. All climbing lasts 4-5 days, on the mountain living in tents. The ascent begins from the town of Dogubiazit, located at the foot of Ararat.
The route starts from the village of Eli (height 2050m), 40mins. from Dogubiazit. Then begins the hiking passage to the first camp (3340m) - 4-5 hours along uncoiled grassy slopes along the trail. Things go on mules. A day later (after proper acclimatization) the transition to the next camp at 4100m. This is already an assault camp located on a rocky slope, among a large number of stones and boulders. The path runs along the trail, among rocky showers (3-4 hours up). The next day, leave at 2-3 a.m. The journey to the top usually takes 5-7 hours. First, the path runs along a rocky slope, then access to the glacier in cats from about a height of 4900m. The last part of the path is uncoiled snow and ice slopes. From the top of the mountain overlooks Armenia, Iran and Turkey. Descending from the top to the assault camp for 1.5 - 2.5 hours, a short rest in the camp and then descending about 2 hours to 3340m.
After the climb, participants visit the Ishaq Pasha Palace. It was built like his summer residence. This structure had a partly secular purpose, which distinguished this monument among the mass of others. The program also includes a visit to the church of Surb Khach (Holy Cross) - one of the pearls of Armenian architecture. The church was built during the heyday of the Vaspurakan kingdom in 915-921. architect Manuel under the reign of King Gagik Artsruni. It is located in a beautiful place, 5 kilometers from the southern shore of Lake Van on the island of Akhtamar. Spectacular views open from this island: to the north - the blue smooth of Lake Van, the snow peak of Mount Suphan on the opposite bank, to the south - the wall of the Rshtunik mountains.
Possibility of renting personal equipment
it is possible to rent crampons
EQUIPMENT FOR ARARAT CLIMBING
1) Duffle bag that will be carried by mules (100-120 litres);
2) Small backpack for hikes and summit climb (35-45 litres)
Sleeping bag for -10/-15 centigrade minimum.
Crampons: Automatic or regular (possible to rent)
Gloves: windproof, fleece gloves.
1) Crampon-compatible heavy leather mountaineering boots in summer.
2)Camp shoes: running shoes or trail shoes, sneakers or sandals
Sunglasses (and Goggles)
Waterproof Jacket/Shell A robust waterproof and windproof outer shell.
Must have breathable membrane (like Gore-Tex or equivalent).
Waterprooftrousers Waterproof, windproof trousers preferably with braces and long leg zips for ease of fitting over boots (and crampons).
Must have breathable membrane like Gore‐Tex or equivalent.
Fleece jacket as the main warm layer.
Fleece tops A combination of 2 to 3 mid-weight fleece tops. Fleece layers are more versatile than one heavy layer when combined with a good thermal base layer. One of the fleece layers can be carried as a spare layer. If you feel the cold then add or carry an extra layer.
Hiking socks (minimum 3 pairs)
Thermal Liner Long sleeves and zip polo necks recommended.
Warm hat: Fleece hat with a windproof membrane. Make sure that any hat can cover the ears and the back of the head and neck.
Sun protection material,
Sun and Lip block: necessary and very important.
- We have the biggest record of orginizing many commertial technical and altitude expeditions.
- Our guides are highly experience with guide work on many serious climbs all over the world.
- We offer the best accommodation and food conditions. Your personal needs any special kinds of food will be considered.
- You can contact your personal advisor in the gear issue for free consultation. Plus free delivery of your personal rented gear to base camp.
- We offer the scheme of discounts for loyal clients.