Moscow - Barnaul - Tungur - Ak-Kem - Belukha (4506 m) - Ak-Kem - Tungur - Barnal - Moscow
Belukha (4506m), an extremely beautiful, shapely snow peak in Altai Mountains (South Siberia, Russia) is one of the very few peaks of the globe veiled with mystery and a touch of mysticism. Until now the Akkem valley is the Mecca for the worshipper of the famous Russian painter and mystic Nicholas Roerich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Roerich) who held the place as one of the sacred “Centers of Energy” on Earth. A visit here is a must for them. Belucha has always been one of the climbing magnets in the former USSR (together with Elbrus and Kazbek in Caucasus and Klyuchevskoi volcano in Kamchatka)
The approaches are two days of easy trekking supported with horses carrying all the group gear plus food and fuel for camping. The clients, who have not opted for renting a horse, will carry their own belongings (we advise to sort these carefully and take only the absolutely necessary). The landscapes are varied (delicious South Siberia forests) and the climb itself, even though demands a reasonably good physical form, will not present any problems even for novices in climbing: all the “technical” places will be provided with fixed ropes.
There are some days of moderate and strenuous hiking by varied landscapes and some days of mountain climbing which require good physical condition and mountaineering skills (using ropes, crampons, etc.). Mt. Belukha climb is of 3A rate (In Russian climbing route rating system the overall grade of a route is defined within a scale of 1 to 6, with subdivisions A and B). Maximum altitude drop is 1000 m a day. The trekkers carry both all their personal belongings, 6-7 kg of complete set of communal equipment (tents, cooking pots, gas) and food for 2 days. You can also hire pack horses for the luggage transportation.
Included in price:
- Accommodation in stationary tents for 3 at Vysotnik and Ak-Kem bases (tents for 4);
- Meals. Full board from supper of Day 1 to breakfast of Day 12;
- Sauna: one session in each base;
- Trekking guide and mountain guides for the days of climbing (1 guide to 5 clients clients plus one guide-assistant);
- Group equipment (gas-stoves, ropes, tents, cooking pots etc);
- All permits and registrations;
- Visa support
Price does not include
- Transfers by bus Barnaul – Tiungur – Barnaul with English speaking attendant – USD 120 p/per;
- Extra long sauna session in Vysotnik - 48 USD per group 1-10, per hour;
- Extra brief sauna session in Vysotnik - 30 USD per group 1-5, per hour;
- Extra sauna at Ak-kem base – 40 USD per group 1-6, per hour;
- Horses for the luggage transportation (from 30 USD p/horse p/day);
- Rafting on Katun River to the mouth of Ak-kem River (18 km, 2 hr) – 160 USD per group up to 10;
- Truck on Day 11 from under the Kyzuyak pass;
- Supplement for accommodation in a house in Vysotnik;
- Meals in Barnaul and on both the ways Barnaul - Tyungur and Tyungur - Barnaul;
- Hotel in Barnaul (from 30 USD per person);
- Transfer Hotel - Airport in Barnaul – from 15 USD per person
Tips guidelines (important information!)
You entrust your life, health, your time and money to the guides. And the guides take this responsibility for you and for the success of the whole trip. They are doing this 24 hours.
10-20 USD per day is expected as the normal amount of tips for the Guides and the staff of the program. If you liked everything about the trip, please don't forget to thank them. You can give the tips directly to the Main Guide and he will distribute it among the staff.
We provides the participants with 3 meals a day. At the base camps meals are at a cafe. On the trek the food is cooked on the open fire, on the ascent on gas by tourists themselves. Food issued, also we provides vegetarian meals.
- accommodation in houses in Vysotnik – USD 10 p/per/night
1) Our guides are highly experience with guide work on many serious climbs all over the world.
2) We have the biggest record of orginizing many commertial technical and altitude expeditions.
3) You can contact your personal advisor in the gear issue for free consultation. Plus free delivery of your personal rented gear to base camp.
4) We offer the best accommodation and food conditions. Your personal needs any special kinds of food will be considered.
5) We offer the scheme of discounts for loyal clients.