Kilimanjaro is 5895 meters high an extinct volcano, with 3 peaks: Kibo, Shira and Mawenzi ! The highest summit of Africa is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The mountain is situated completely in Tanzania. Kilimanjaro is a non technical mountain that can be climbed by anyone with a fair good condition and patience. There are many different routes, each passing rainforest, moorland and glaciers. Most people seize the opportunity of ...
Deposit for reservations 500 $
Full payment 30 days before
No refund if you cancel less than 30 days!
• TWO NIGHTS ACCOMODATION IN HOTEL 3* (MOSHI, ½ dbl, BED AND BREAKFAST),
• TRANSFER FROM KILI AIRPORT TO HOTEL & HOTEL TO KILI AIRPORT
• TRANSPORTATION FROM MOSHI TO THE STARTING POINT, THE MOUNTAIN AND RETURN TO MOSHI
• NATIONAL PARK GATE FEES
• CAMPING or HUT FEES
• RESCUE FEES
• GUIDES SERVICE
• PORTERS SALARIES
• ALL MEALS ON THE MOUNTAIN
Price does not include
Airfare to Kilimanjaro airport and back
Tanzanian visa (50 USD) - if necessary: depends on your citizenship
Traveling and medical insurance
Meals not mentioned in the itinerary (dinners and suppers in hotels)
SINGLE accommodation in hotel (130 USD per 2 nights )
Tips (to local guides, porters and cook)
Moshi - Marangu Gate - Mandara - Horombo - Kibo Hut - Uhuru Peak - Horombo - Moshi - Manyara Lake - Ngoro-Ngoro - Moshi
Why go there?
Kilimanjaro is 5895 meters high an extinct volcano, with 3 peaks: Kibo, Shira and Mawenzi ! The highest summit of Africa is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The mountain is situated completely in Tanzania. Kilimanjaro is a non technical mountain that can be climbed by anyone with a fair good condition and patience. There are many different routes, each passing rainforest, moorland and glaciers. Most people seize the opportunity of being in wildlife paradise and couple a safari to their trip as well.
Location: 3°04' South Latitude, 37°21' East longitude.
Kili is the easiest of all the 7 Summis, so the most popular. Our route goes up moderate slopes and is provided with rather comfortable huts (with dormitories and dining rooms).
Tips guidelines (important information!)
You entrust your life, health, your time and money to the guides. And the guides take this responsibility for you and for the success of the whole trip. They are doing this 24 hours. 10-20 USD per day is expected as the normal amount of tips for the Guides and the staff of the program. If you liked everything about the trip, please don't forget to thank them. You can give the tips directly to the Main Guide and he will distribute it among the staff.
Necessary travel papers (documents)
Tanzanian visa (if necessary: depends on your citizenship)
By air and by land
You can get to Kilimanjaro by several different air companies: KLM, Emirates, Turkish Airlines, Quatar Airlines
2 nights in hotels (DBL, B&B), 5 nights in mountain huts
Full board on the mountain, breakfasts only in hotels
Climbing guide from 7 Summits Club
Local mountain guides, assistants, cook, porters on the mountain
Health and medical insurance
Vaccinations against malaria, yellow fever and cholera are musts, even though the malaria threat is the highest in the coastal areas, minimal in Moshi and practically nonexistent on Kilimanjaro.
There are two rain seasons in East Africa. Though the dates are not fixed, roughly the first one is between late March and early June and the second comes usually in November or December.
Dinners while in hotels, souveniers.
• Small backpack (35-40 °C liters) for your personal belongings
• Daypack that the porters carry (limited to 15 kg)
• Sleeping bag (-15 °C comfort)
• Waterproof poncho (it must cover you and your backpack)
• High-altitude trekking boots with waterproof protector
• Light trekking boots
• Trekking snickers
• Light trekking trousers for the first days
• Trekking poles
• Warm fleece jacket (-15 °C) for summiting
• Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or similar)
• Waterproof trousers (Gore-Tex or similar)
• Thermal underwear
• Gloves (-15°C)
• Fleece hat
• High altitude trekking gaiters
• Baseball hat/cap/cowboy hat
• T-shirt with long sleeves
• Trekking socks (3-4)
• High trekking glasses (a good one!)
• Thermos (1 liter)
• Flask (1 liter)
• Hygienic lipstick
• Towel, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush,
• Personal medical kit
• Camera with a supply of batteries
• Book, cards, walkman, reading stuff etc